Flash module add-on: problem with installing flash activity

Flash module add-on: problem with installing flash activity

by Nicola Bennett -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I've already installed the flash module on one of my moodle sites with no problems. When I try to install it on another moodle site I'm getting the following error messages when I click on the 'Admin' link.

Does anyone know how I can sort this. For some reason it thinks part of it already exists but this is a new moodle install???

Thanks
Nicola.

flash

(mysql): CREATE TABLE `mdl_flash` ( `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `course` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `moviename` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `grade` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `gradingmethod` varchar(255) default NULL, `showgrades` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1', `showheader` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1', `size` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1', `to_config` tinyint(3) default NULL, `config` text, `q_no` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `answers` text, `guestfeedback` text, `feedback` text, `usepreloader` tinyint(1) default NULL, `fonts` text, `usesplash` tinyint(1) default NULL, `splash` text, `splashformat` tinyint(2) default '0', `timemodified` int(10) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`)) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='Main flash activity (flash) table'  
1050: Table 'mdl_flash' already exists

Error

(mysql): CREATE TABLE `mdl_flash_accesses` ( `id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment, `flashid` int(10) NOT NULL default '0', `userid` int(10) NOT NULL default '0', `timemodified` int(10) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`)) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='completed tests'  
1050: Table 'mdl_flash_accesses' already exists

Error

(mysql): CREATE TABLE `mdl_flash_answers` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `answer` text, `q_no` int(11) default NULL, `accessid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `grade` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`)) TYPE=MyISAM  
1050: Table 'mdl_flash_answers' already exists

Error

(mysql): CREATE TABLE `mdl_flash_movies` (`id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT , `version` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL , `bgcolor` VARCHAR( 7 ) NOT NULL , `width` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL , `height` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL , `framerate` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL , `moviename` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL , `timemodified` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY ( `id` ) )TYPE=MyISAM  
1050: Table 'mdl_flash_movies' already exists

Error

(mysql): SELECT COUNT(*) FROM mdl_message WHERE useridto = '2' AND timecreated > '0'  

flash tables could NOT be set up successfully!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nicola Bennett

Re: Flash module add-on: problem with installing flash activity

by Jamie Pratt -
Looks like it was partially installed by mistake??

Try :
  • removing all tables from your db with names starting mdl_flash (replace mdl with the prefix you are using in your db)
  • and then remove the flash entry from mdl_modules.
And then reinstall by going to your admin page again.

I did check the code and their is nothing in there that might cause this I think. I hope you haven't accidentally copied the files into the mod directory twice for the flash module??

Jamie
In reply to Jamie Pratt

by Nicola Bennett -

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for this but where do I find the db? There's no reference to mdl_flash in any of the files in the db folder in the flash module.

Plus I'm not totally sure what the second point means.

Please can you clarify.

Thanks very much

Nicola.

In reply to Nicola Bennett

by Jamie Pratt -
What might fix your problem is to go to your admin -> modules page and delete the flash module. This will delete all the Flash module db contents. Then go to your admin page and the Flash module will be automatically reinstalled.

Otherwise you can use something like phpmyadmin a tool that is often provided by web hosts to manage databases and their contents and follow the instructions I gave.

Jamie