Is there a module for behavior?

Is there a module for behavior?

by Julio Ortiz -
Number of replies: 9

We need a behavior module as well as an attendance, mainly behavior. We want something similar to moodle but for teachers, counselors and administrators.  We want to keep track of students attendance and behavior.  Is there something I can use.  Teachers will be taking attendance each period daily.  We need them to add comments to each student profile as needed.
Administrators need to have access to students profiles and see which students have cause any problems like classroom disruption and what were the comments posted and dated to respective teachers to students profile.  ADministrators also will need to have access to teachers profile and see the list of students with discipline comments and we want the teacher profile to show each student with their respective notes as a group.  Finally we need intervention by the dean and counselors and we want them to add comments and resolutions as well.  We want all staff to have access to a single file per student and we need to limit the content based on the user.  Administrator will see all coments, and will have the option to hide comments that are consider private and that teachers or counselors do not need to see.  Teachers and counselors will be able to see and edit their own comments but will be able to also read allowed comments after prioncipal and deans approval.
Can you help me find the right software like moodle to get this project working.
Thank you so much.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julio Ortiz

Re: Is there a module for behavior?

by Sarah Quantick -
I have to say if there was a way we could record behaviour details when they occur in lessons on moodle this would be really useful. Data would also need to be exportable
In reply to Sarah Quantick

by Ben McLuckie -
Yes, I would agree. Last school year I hacked into the attendence module to up the 4 ratings to 14 ratings. This supported my rubric that combined behavior, preperation, and attendence. However I am php newbie, the hack took me a lot of time, and it quickly became obsolete with the important updates to the attendence module. Since then, I reworked the existing 4 ratings to include a coarse measure of behavior and attendence, on a 0 - 3 point scale. I believe an enhanced attendence module could serve both purposes.
In reply to Sarah Quantick

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Carmen Alegria -
Hi Alan,
Thank you for sharing your ideas. However, I am relatively new to Moodle and did not quiet understand how to make it work.
Could you help me with more information.
Best regards,
Carmen Alegria
In reply to Carmen Alegria

In reply to Deleted user

by Edward Gash -

Hi,

The database looks like a great solution.  Another low tech method to record behaviour is to use a wiki, again visible to staff but hidden from students.  In the wiki there is a page devoted to each student, which can be updated with relevant comments from any teacher.

Cheers,

Edward 

In reply to Deleted user

by Edward Gash -

Hi,

The database looks like a great solution.  Another low tech method to record behaviour is to use a wiki, again visible to staff but hidden from students.  In the wiki there is a page devoted to each student, which can be updated with relevant comments from any teacher.

Cheers,

Edward 

In reply to Edward Gash

In reply to Deleted user

by Ger Tielemans -

The additional modul book with the eye closed:

• One book for each class/group
  • first level chapters = studentname and global info
  • second level pages = incident tickets

The advantage of the database modul is that you can harvest the info for other views/use