Last new wiki release before vacation

Last new wiki release before vacation

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 5
Hi Moodlers,
dfwikiteam is on vacation, I'm going to a small trip to china smile next week everyone else is out right now. 
Before going we want to ship this last release which does not improve much things, only fixes some bugs and gives two things:
* import-export xml improved
* functionality that imports dfwikis into new wiki directly from database.
These have not been deeply tested, and since we will be out utill the end of the month I suggest caution.
However if someone can test it safely all feedback will be welcomed.
What we know that does not work yet and will be the firts thing we will fix on september is to import dfwikis from new wiki.
I've placed it as an alpha release in DFWiki Home page
Cheers
Ludo out ( for vacation smile )
PS:I've been told that this week Martin, will take a look over new wiki in order to take some decision about the wiki-cisma. Let's hope that new wiki will come into 1.7 Amen.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Vast: Last new wiki release before vacation

by Ari Tahvanainen -
Hi Ludo,

Welcome back from vacation.

I've installed version   2006080301 - last before  vacation.  There are some fatal errors, but  I have solution  for them  smile

Wiki does'nt open because  it does'nt  find  "ownerid ". Saving does,nt save it.
functions wiki_add_instance($dfwiki) and wiki_update_instance($dfwiki) in lib.php miss row:
    $dfwiki->ownerid = (isset($dfwiki->ownerid)) ? 1 : 0;

Preview does'nt work:
"Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in /opt/lampp/htdocs/ari/mod/wiki/locallib.php on line 635"

Here is solution:
       // WRONG wiki_print_page_content (stripslashes($txt));
       $txt=stripslashes($txt);
       wiki_print_page_content ($txt);

Regards,

- ari -

In reply to Ari Tahvanainen

Re: Vast: Last new wiki release before vacation

by Montse Farreras -

Hi Ari,

I'm kinda new on this and I'm trying to install the last release before vacation over moodle 1.6 and got the error:

Version mismatch: wiki can't downgrade 2006080701 -> 2006080301 !

I don't know how to handle it smile. What should I do?

I understand that the new wiki doesn't come with the moodle 1.6, am I correct?

Thanks

Montse

In reply to Montse Farreras

by Manel Carrasco -
Hi Montse,

If it's the first time that you use wiki and there are not wikis in your Moodle, a solution is:

- Go to Administration -> Configuration -> Modules
- Delete Wiki Module
- Go to Administration again, and new wiki release before vacation will be installed

If you have created wikis before, i'll give you other solution.

DFWikiteam, Manu
In reply to Montse Farreras

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hola Montse!
Yes unformtunatelly new wiki is not actually integrated within 1.6.
I supose somebody chanhed something in the oficial wiki this august and the version date changed. You may edit the file version.php and change it for 2006080302
Be please specially carefull if you update moodle not to replace the wiki module or the new wiki would be overwritten and nothing would run ok.
Regards
Ludo

In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Manel Carrasco -
Hi Ludo,
version should be higher than 2006080701. If you edit the file version.php, change it for 2006080702

Manu