overline problem in jsmath

overline problem in jsmath

by venkatesan iyengar -
Number of replies: 3
Dear Davide,
Can the overline be shifted slightly upwards during rendering. When I ever I use \overline syntax over upppercase letters, it merges with top of the letter itself and not rendered distinctly. I do not see such problems with lowercase letters. (I found it difficult when I wanted to render \overline over 'V' which looks like an inverted triangle during rendering)

thankyou
venkatesan
Average of ratings: -
In reply to venkatesan iyengar

Re: overline problem in jsmath

by Davide Cervone -
I'm not going to be able to look at this problem for the next few weeks (my internet connection is quite poor until the 15th). I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Sorry!

Davide

by Davide Cervone -
It turns out that this is a bug in jsMath (which was introduced in version 3.3 when eliminating Firefox warning messages). I have fixed it and will include the fix in the next release (should be soon). It only affects users using symbol or unicode fallback methods; those with the jsMath TeX fonts installed should see correctly rendered overlines.

Davide

by Davide Cervone -
OK, I've released version 3.3d of jsMath that should address your overline problem. Let me know if this doesn't work.

Davide