Theme creating questions!

Theme creating questions!

by Nick Marques -
Number of replies: 0
I taken a theme, copied, and modified it to fit the theme of the rest of our site. CSS makes this very easy, and I'm liking how Moodle does themes as well.

I've reaches a roadblock where it seems that CSS isn't implemented to do what I'd like, and so I've got some layout editing to do, or so it seems.

http://www.bel.com/moodle/

As you can see, I have the grid background, and it's dark. Ideally, no body text should be displayed over that background. All content text should be inside of a container DIV. This is already accomplished on Course Views.

However, on some activity view.php pages, such as Lesson, Glossary, and Quizes, the text overlays the background.

I've identified this DIV to be .container. However, I can't just go and make .container have a background-color property, or I loose the background on the Course View pages.

I've modified the view.php for the Lesson module already so that a NEW DIV container encloses the .container DIV, and has the background-color and border-color properties set. I did this by opening a DIV after the header function and closing before the footer function.

Is there an easier way to do this?

If I were to go and do this for each module, that's a whole lot of code editing. I suppose what I should be doing is applying the styles to .content, which an exception for Course View, but how?

Also, how do I get rid of the overall page margin/padding? I tried setting margin/padding to 0px for body, but that didn't work.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -