Renaming Labels within Modules

Renaming Labels within Modules

by Ron Cordoba -
Number of replies: 4
I would like to know where I could go to rename a label. I have adjusted all the labels within the screen that you see below (example shot) fixed with Uppercases etc...however this was done within the lang/en_utf8/"modulename.php file...

I could not find where to adjust the "Grade" name... for the customised module that I inserted...

I would like to change 'Grade' to 'Competant' or 'Completed' rather than grade for this module... Any Ideas????

Thanks

Ron

Grade_Example
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ron Cordoba

Re: Renaming Labels within Modules

by A. T. Wyatt -
I expect it is in the grades language file, but I am not sure.  I have also learned to edit some language files, like the moodle main language file, with caution.  You can change strings that then show up other places!!

Take a look at your best guess files in the appropriate lang folder (I would start with grades) and search for the string.  Make sure you change the string (the right hand side) not the variable name.

atw
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Ron Cordoba -

Thanks, I found the file that contains the label... /lang/en_.../moodle.php

Again, thanks for your input.

Ron

In reply to Ron Cordoba

by Julian Ridden -
You can find this in your moodle.php file in the lang folder. It is around line 586 (n a 1.6 install)

the reason you find it here is that, as A.T. Wyatt suggested, this is used all throught your moodle site, not just on the grade page.

Not sure exactly how many pages it will effect. But Im guessing quite a few.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Julian Ridden

by Ron Cordoba -

Spot on! I forgot about the moodle.php in /lang directory... yes I have changed it and this does affect everywhere however for our pruposes it works out as in our faculty we prefer not to use the word Grade.... The site is looking great now and I am so close in finishing everything off now...

Thanks

Ron