Pachyderm?

Pachyderm?

by Sigurdur Jonsson -
Number of replies: 1
Hi all,

I've been reading about a multimedia authoring tool named Pachyderm and the current work being done on Pachyderm 2.0 (which is open source). I'm just wondering if anyone here has any experience with Pachyderm? It looks like a very interesting project.

The project website is here.

Project Overview (as described on the Pachyderm site)

The Pachyderm 2.0 Project is a partnership led by NMC: The New Media Consortium and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA), and funded by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS). The project brings software development teams and digital library experts from six NMC universities together with counterparts from five major museums to create a new, open source authoring environment for creators of web-based and multimedia learning experiences. The new tool will be based on Pachyderm, the authoring and publishing tool developed by SFMOMA to author its successful series, Making Sense of Modern Art.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sigurdur Jonsson

Re: Pachyderm?

by Richard Treves -
Sigurdur,

I had a brief look at Pachyderm, wondering if it was the multimedia equivalent of the eXe tool, i.e. a way academics could author multimedia.  I have to say I wasn't that impressed, multimedia in learning is not just about slapping text boxes next to images and making things go 'ping' when you roll over them with the mouse and this is all I saw Pachyderm do.  So I stopped looking at it.

If you have a closer look and think its worth considering I'd be interested to hear your thoughts

Rich