Problem in installing blocks

Problem in installing blocks

by Rohidah Maskuri -
Number of replies: 5
I am evaluating  moddle system to replace our current system.  Everything went  great until when i tried to install blocks into the system.  I seem to receive the following error on 3 new blocks that I want to install.  I have tried to search for the forum for the solution but could not find one.  I have been trying to figure out for a couple of days but seems fruitless.    I appreicate if anybody can help.  I am using version 1.6.

Warning: file(d:\webroot\moodle/blocks/block_attendance/block_block_attendance.php) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in d:\webroot\moodle\lib\blocklib.php on line 25

Warning: file(d:\webroot\moodle/blocks/block_quickmail_1.5/block_block_quickmail_1.5.php) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in d:\webroot\moodle\lib\blocklib.php on line 25

Warning: file(d:\webroot\moodle/blocks/block_time/block_block_time.php) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in d:\webroot\moodle\lib\blocklib.php on line 25
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rohidah Maskuri

Re: Problem in installing blocks

by Jan Dierckx -

it seems you have added directories block_time,block_attendance, etc inside the blocks directory.

they should be named: time and attendance etc...

rename them and then visit the admin page of your installation.

hth

In reply to Jan Dierckx

by Rohidah Maskuri -
I renamed them but does not seem to work.  Same error but with the renamed directories.

Warning: file(d:\webroot\moodle/blocks/attendance/block_attendance.php) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in d:\webroot\moodle\lib\blocklib.php on line 25

Warning: file(d:\webroot\moodle/blocks/quickmail_1.5/block_quickmail_1.5.php) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in d:\webroot\moodle\lib\blocklib.php on line 25

Warning: file(d:\webroot\moodle/blocks/time/block_time.php) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in d:\webroot\moodle\lib\blocklib.php on line 25

by Rohidah Maskuri -
I seem to be able to fix that now.  But everything come out with "[[".  I suspect it has something to do with the name of the nested directories when installing block.  I will try to figure this out.  Let everybody know when I am done.

Edited by me:
I have resolved this issue.  It is available here for those who wants to know.
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=48702#224155

by Jan Dierckx -
just curious... how did you fix the first issue?
In reply to Jan Dierckx

by Rohidah Maskuri -
Hi Jan,
At first when I extracted the new block into the blocks directory, it actually extracted nested directories.  
Initial directories arrangement (did not work)
moodle
    >blocks
        >block_attendance

>block
                >attendance
                      > db
                      > add.php
                      > block_attendance.php
                      >etc..
            >lang
            >mod
            README.txt

After directories arrangement (working)
moodle
    >blocks
        >block_attendance

> db
               > add.php
               > block_attendance.php
               >etc..
            >lang
            >mod
            README.txt

And of course you have to go to admin page for creating an instance of the block.  Hope this helps.

Thanks
Rohidah