Writing up a conference paper for Moodle integration systems?

Writing up a conference paper for Moodle integration systems?

by Wen Hao Chuang -
Number of replies: 2
Hi all:

A student assistant in my team wrote a very nice module to integrate Moodle (1.5.2) with our school's Student Information Management System (SIMS). So now Moodle will generate student accounts and courses automatically based on the SIMS data. As he spent quite a lot of time working on this project and the result was quite impressive, so I was thinking that maybe we could write up a paper to describe the system and lessons learned from this project and submit to a conference or something. Could anyone please recommend any suitable conferences (or even ACM/IEEE journals) that might be interested in this type of paper?? Thanks a lot! smile
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wen Hao Chuang

Re: Writing up a conference paper for Moodle integration systems?

by David Berry -
Don't know about any suitable conferences but the module you describe would be very popular in UK schools.  Have you any intention of releasing this freely? I know that several people are working on something like this at the moment but pooling of ideas is always a good thing.

David Berry
In reply to Wen Hao Chuang

Re: Writing up a conference paper for Moodle integration systems?

by Andrew Wilson -
Wen,

I am Head of ICT at a Grammar school and we use SIMs.  We were planning on producing exactly the same thing over this Summer.  Will you be sharing or selling this application?  We would be very interested to hear how it went and what it can do.  There might be some very interested parties at the UK Moodle Moot in the Summer!

Andy