pop3 autentification

pop3 autentification

by Esther Díez -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I´m trying to autentificate user using a pop3 server, but when i log in a blank page appears, not error message or anything.

I´ve configurated the pop3 server in the admin options, but it doen´t work.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Esther Díez

Re: pop3 autentification

by Huib van Wees -
Do you see a login attempt in the log file of your POP3 server?

Regards,

Huib

In reply to Huib van Wees

by Esther Díez -

no, i don´t see any attempt, also i´ve noticed that moddle doesn´t send e-mail, so i posted another question on the installation forum

Thanqs

In reply to Esther Díez

by Mikko Toivola -
I had the same problem, couldn't authenticate using pop3 or imap and didn't get any error message to help solving the problem.

Here's my solution:
For some reason imap.so was missing from my php.ini (or extensions.ini as I'm using FreeBSD). The imap -php-module is needed for pop3 which I didn't know until I opened the /auth/pop3/lib.php and saw the imap_open() being used there. Then I tried to get something to show up in the logs by creating a sample pop3 login php-script, and running it from the command line. And then I got an error about missing imap.so module (it was there, but after php upgrade it was missing from the php.ini so it was not being loaded).

FreeBSD has mail/php4-imap in the ports collection
Debian does it with apt-get install php4-imap
And finally if compiling manually from source, remember to build imap first and then configure php with imap using the --with-imap=/path-to-imap-dir

Hope you find this useful (and also that this topic wasn't already covered somewhere).