Moodle video

Moodle video

by Stephen Plume -
Number of replies: 7
I have been asked by a county advisor to produce a five minute video on my work putting together our Moodle.  Does anyone have any inspiration on this?  I've not made a video before but I played around with the camera + firewire yesterday and the windoze software and it seems to be easy enough.

Many thanks

Stephen
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen Plume

Re: Moodle video

by Richard Treves -
You definately want to use a screencast program for part of your video (Captivate is the one I use, Camtasia is another commercial package, wink is OS and free) - capture clips of the screen to show easy it is to create pages, see logs of student use, etc etc.  The only reason I could see to use a camera would be to briefly introduce yourself as a talking head.  Am I missing something?

see www.kokae.com for examples, the flash videos are showing you how to use Google Earth, all done with Captivate and about 5 mins long each.

Good luck, can you publish the result?

Rich 

by A. T. Wyatt -
Would you want to bracket (lead in and close with, that is) with action shots of students and teachers using Moodle in the classroom?  Maybe little interviews of students who tell you what they like about Moodle?  Watch out for privacy though. . .in the US, parents must sign release forms for minors to be featured in video released for public viewing.  Maybe you could do interviews of teachers instead.

atw

by Gary Lyon -
Audacity for your audio track production/editing...OS/free and a tremendously powerful package. - Cheers! G. Lyon

by D.I. von Briesen -
Stephen-

it's not really clear what the county advisor wants. Are you looking to make a tutorail? A promo for your efforts? A demo of how easy the setup was? This could go any way you want.

Just reading what you wrote, I'd almost say what you need to do is just tape yourself on a chair in front of a hanging sheet describing what you had to do - but then you gotta have charisma for that to sell (and be sure to use a lapel mic for audio)!

There is even a quick plug in to powerpoint (i know , i know) called producer I think, that our folks use to do a lot of presentations:

My colleague here did an amateur job with a camcorder and some basic editing tools... it's big (38MB) and primitive, but it does do the job, and provides a number of examples of people/locations/digital media. http://todd.koonts.people.cpcc.edu/Basics_1.0.wmv

If your county advisor wants what I think he wants, it'd be a quick video with an intro (title/credits) you talking for 30 seconds, then showing the hardware and moodle.org, perhaps with voiceover and referring to sequence of what you had to do as far as setup, integration, installation, initial training and going live...

could go a lot of different ways!

d.i.

In reply to D.I. von Briesen

by Mikel Stous -
I'm willing to do any of the heavy-lift editing for generic Moodle promo/howto videos.

I can accept any format and output in flash, wmv, DVD or whatever.

Do we have a group organized for this?

Mikel