IE breaks theme.

IE breaks theme.

by Douglas Dixon -
Number of replies: 13
I am having issues with the theme for moodle on our site. I did not develop it, but I got the luck of having to fix it when the other guy left. It looks great on Firefox, but in IE 6 after you log in, the colors get weird, and the top tabs seem to move down. I made a login teststudent1 and pw studenttest1 if you all want to take a look. Also I am very new to CSS (I am catching up quickly though) and I am also wondering if there was a guide to moodle theme development and/or if there are any good CSS tutorials( besides w3schools) that you all can reccomend. Thanks for your help.

Doug
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Douglas Dixon

Re: IE breaks theme.

by Art Lader -
Hi, Douglas,

If you have not yet seen it, this might help: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Themes

Regards,
Art

In reply to Art Lader

by Douglas Dixon -
Thanks for the post, I knew this page existed, but I couldnt find the link for some strange reason. Your help is appreciated.

by Art Lader -

Glad to help.

I see that Jeffrey Watkins has responded to you. If anyone can figure out what's going on with your theme, he can.

-- Art

by Jeffery Watkins -
What is the site's address?

Jeff
In reply to Jeffery Watkins

by Douglas Dixon -
Yeah, I would forget the important part. its http://dlportal.humboldt.edu/moodletop/

Thanks

by Jeffery Watkins -
That link does not seem to be working.

Jeff

by Douglas Dixon -
hmm, that seems to be weird, you could try going to
dlportal.humboldt.edu
and then click on the 'classroom' link at the top, I believe that this server is availble from offsite, but I wont be able to check till later today.

by Jeffery Watkins -
It keeps timing out on me Douglas.

If you want to just zip up the theme and send it to me, I will look it over for you.

Jeff

by Douglas Dixon -
here is a zipped up version of the theme, thanks for looking at it, its greatly appreciated.

by Jeffery Watkins -
Douglas,
I could not get this theme to work at all.  It looks like there is custom code which probably works well with your setup.

If you could show me it in use, I could probably offer some suggestions to fix your problems.

Jeff

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Douglas,
Same for me. It is quite impossible to get this theme to work outside of your (highly customized) environment.surprise
Joseph

by Douglas Dixon -

Thanks for all of your help. Due to this problem, we also realized that our IT department had not set up the routing so that the server is availble from off site, and we are now in the progress of getting this resolved. Also I figured out that the issue with the theme was that there was a line of code that was not needed. I accidentally commented it out and then the theme worked correctly. But thank you for trying.

by Douglas Dixon -
I also just noticed that when you login, the Link at the top right that tells you your name and the (Logout) link disapears, how do I reenable it?