Unique ID for chat room link

Unique ID for chat room link

by Charlie Owen -
Number of replies: 2
I've posted a bug that requests a unique ID or class for the "Click here to enter the chat now" text on a chat room page. I've seen many users miss this link entirely and so it would be nice if theme writers could emphasise the link via CSS.

If people agree with this idea could they please vote for it in the bug tracker?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charlie Owen

Re: Unique ID for chat room link

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Charlotte,

> I've seen many users miss this link entirely

What do your users actually do, then? After all the link text says clearly "Click here to enter the chat now". Anyway, while it might be useful for that link to get a CSS class of its own, it is not necessary. All you have to do if you want to emphasize the link is to add this to your current theme's CSS file:

#mod-chat-view .generalboxcontent {}
#mod-chat-view .generalboxcontent a {}

and fill it in with any background-color; color, etc. that seems suitable to make the link stand out clearly, as in this example for standard theme:

#mod-chat-view .generalboxcontent {
background-color:#FF0000;
color:#FFFFFF;
font-size:large;
}
#mod-chat-view .generalboxcontent a {
color:#FFFFFF;
}

Joseph

Attachment image-0005.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Unique ID for chat room link

by Charlie Owen -
::slaps head::

Despite having made use of it many times I somehow on this occassion forgot that each mod gives a unique ID to the <body> tag.

And to think that before this I was a commercial web designer...

blush