Lang drop down theme problem

Lang drop down theme problem

by Dan Marsden -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I want to place the language drop down beside the text that says "you are logged in as ..." instead of having it appear below it. - I don't see how I can do this with the div tags. - maybe it should be a span?

here's the structure:

<div class="headermenu">
    <div class="logininfo">You are logged in as: bob</div>

<form name="chooselang" class="popupform">
            <select name="jump">
                select stuff here!
            </select>
        </form>
    </div>
</div>

My guess is that we would need to change the <div class="logininfo"> to a Span instead of a div.

unfortunately I can't make this change in a theme - I have to modify function user_login_string in moodle\weblib.php  is there any chance we could change this to a span instead of a div to allow better handling?

:-)

Dan
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: Lang drop down theme problem

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
typical! - it does work with a div, just have to make sure it's not caching too much when I'm making changes!

gotta love IE....

smile

Dan
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Dan, when you work with IE you may try the Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar. It's somehow similar to the FF "Developer Extension".

I always activate the "Disable/Cache" menu option when I check pages with MSIE and additionally often use the "Misc/Clear Browser Cache" menu to be double sure wink

Download from MS Download Center

In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Dan Marsden -
sweet! - thanks Urs - I use the FF dev toolbar all the time, but our users on-campus all use IE. sad

smile

Dan