But sir, you forget the link!

But sir, you forget the link!

by Anthony Borrow -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I use Moodle as an extension of my high school theology class. All grades and assignments are given through Moodle. For reading assignments, I create an offline assignment and would have a link to the website or PDF file that I wanted the students to read. Eventually, I had to give an assignment from the text book and I immediately received a Moodle message from a student trying to get a web correction point. I give my students extra-credit if they are the first to find and report a mistake on the site. If you have not considered doing so, I highly recommend this as it has saved me a number of times since it encourages students to report any problems they might have. I have occasionally made a typo and given an invalid link. Having a student notify me right away allows me to fix it so that other students are not affected. Anyways, the student informed me that there was no link for the reading assignment which said "HW-Read Chapter 3 (pp 103-115) of Living Justice". Living Justice is the name of the text book. My response to the student was "There is no link. It is called a textbook. You have one. Please read it". When I saw the student, we both chuckled at how accustomed we had all come to being able to find EVERYTHING on Moodle. 
Average of ratings: -