E-mails only in system language

E-mails only in system language

by Alice Appelstroop -
Number of replies: 4
Hello,

We have a Moodle 4.1 installation with several language packs. However mails send by the customcert plugin are only send in the standard system language.

It appears it is the same issue as described in: https://github.com/mdjnelson/moodle-mod_customcert/issues/414

Or could it be something else?

Your help is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Alice
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alice Appelstroop

Re: E-mails only in system language

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Investigating this now as it's supposed to be fixed.

Quick question - in your course what is the value for the setting 'Force language'?
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Alice Appelstroop -
Hi Mark,

By default we use the setting "Do not force" in all our courses.

I did test one of the courses with the Force language option set to French to see if that would solve it. But the resulting email still showed up in the system language (Dutch).
In reply to Alice Appelstroop

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I set a user's language to Spanish and ran the task to email users in a course and the emails were in English except for the student whose language I set as Spanish. So, I am unable to replicate this.

What version of the plugin are you using?
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Alice Appelstroop -
We are using version 4.1.1 of the plugin. We will upgrade the plugin to version 4.1.3. And then run some new tests to see if that brings the solution.

Thanks for testing!

Kind regards,

Alice