AI Jammer plugin

AI Jammer plugin

by Germán Valero -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I recently tried the AI Jammer plugin, and:
  • it is very easy to install
  • it is very easy to use
  • it works as stated
  • I think it may be very useful against the current trend of students using AI tools to cheat.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Germán Valero

Re: AI Jammer plugin

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks for highlighting this - it does indeed look very useful. (It reminded me of some readings I did a while back about a method of plagiarism/copy-paste prevention. A good idea)
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Ricardo Caiado -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi, Valero.

What activities other than "Quizwiz" have you tested the plugin with?

Ricardo
In reply to Ricardo Caiado

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I only tried this plugin with a quiz in Spanish language.

by Germán Valero -
It also works with the ASSIGNMENT activity, the CHOICE activity, the FORUM activity and the FEEDBACK activity.
In the FORUM activity it works in forum posts.

Currently there seems to be an issue with the the "Select missing word" question type according to https://gricad-gitlab.univ-grenoble-alpes.fr/moodle-plugins/moodle-filter_aijammer/-/issues/1

by Ricardo Caiado -
Ai German,

Was the text used in these activities generated from some AI?

Ricardo
In reply to Ricardo Caiado

by Germán Valero -
NO. Quite the opposite. The teacher really tries to sabotage the use of AI by cheating students 😈

The text originally used in these activities was plain Spanish language instructions.
What this filter does is to add some random letters and hide them with CSS; the student simply sees the plain Spanish language instructions.
BUT, if the student copies these instructions in the clipboard and then tries to google for it or make an AI query, the pasted text is gibberish, and the AI will not comply. The student would then have to see the original instructions and type these instructions in an AI query, which will take him a lot more time and effort.

by Ricardo Caiado -
So it's the opposite of what I was imagining.

Now I understand how it should be done.

It would be more appropriate if the plugin was called "Clipboard Jammer" instead of "AI Jammer"