Default Language Pack will not update

Default Language Pack will not update

by Robert Wagenhoffer -
Number of replies: 0
Setting up a new Moodle site, already running four of them all version 4.3.3 including the new one.  I need to make the default language pack English (United States) (en_us) and do a local customization for a few of the strings.   Particularly, I fix the enrol vs enroll issue and add the company name to the email headers.  Without this, my clients see it a spam and ignore the notice, you have no idea the headaches this caused in the past.  Again, I did this multiple times before, but on my new install, Moodle will not default to (en_us) even though it says it is.   What is strange is that despite setting the default language properly and saving it.  The gray text next to the box always stays at Default English (en).  On my other sites, this is not the case and the gray area says Default: English (United States) ‎(en_us)‎.   I know for a fact, that despite being set to (en_us) and making the customizations, they are ignored.  As a test, I customized (en), sent some emails and my customizations were there.  

Any suggestions, Moodle gets so tiring to try to manage...
Average of ratings: -