Save changes/Cancel buttons not disabled on Chrome?

Save changes/Cancel buttons not disabled on Chrome?

by Leon Stringer -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

As far as I can see the Save changes and Cancel buttons (on the add/edit submission page) should get disabled when either is clicked (MDL-38555). But as far as I can see this doesn't happen with Chrome but does happen with Firefox.

Because the Save changes button isn't disabled the student can click it twice and if so gets the error:

You have existing submission data. Please leave this page and try again.

Given the popularity of Chrome I was surprised by this but couldn't find any reports here or in the Tracker.

Please could someone with both Chrome and Firefox try this and confirm if this a general problem rather than an issue with my set-up.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leon Stringer

Re: Save changes/Cancel buttons not disabled on Chrome?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Leon,

I tried as a student adding or editing an assignment submission and clicking the Save changes or Cancel button. In each case, after clicking the button, I was returned to the view assignment page. The behaviour was the same in Firefox and in Chrome.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Leon Stringer -

Thanks for checking. But could you click Save changes twice by double clicking on the button? In both browsers?

by Leon Stringer -

Reported this as MDL-81146.

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Aha, so I wasn't quick enough when I tried previously! I can indeed reproduce the problem in Chrome by double clicking. Thanks for reporting the issue in the Moodle Tracker. Yes