Really no one knows how to disable access to the app to removed students?

Really no one knows how to disable access to the app to removed students?

by stefano federici -
Number of replies: 1
Almost two weeks ago I posted a request for help to disable the Moodle app of old students that have been  removed from my Moodle website, so that new students can install and fruitfully use the app

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=455620

The reason for asking this is that I have a license for up to 50 students, enough for the current course, as soon as students that have installed the app for previous courses have been removed from the registered users.

I removed those students from my website. Is that enough to allow new students to install and use the app? The new course is starting in less than a week, so I need an urgent answer.

Thanks a lot for your support in advance
Average of ratings: -
In reply to stefano federici

Re: Really no one knows how to disable access to the app to removed students?

by Josh Manders -
Hi Stefano. Not sure this is much help but:
  • To my knowledge, the user limitations apply to notifications and offline app access. If you don't need those two things, the free version can be used with an unlimited number of users — or at least that was the case when we were using it before upgrading to a paid license ~4years ago.
  • Free plan notifications: "Only the first 50 devices in a month will receive notifications from the site." If your old users haven't logged in, then that opens spots for new users.
  • If you've already deleted/suspended previous users and are still seeing activity through the app, my guess is that you may need to remove the webtoken manually to force them to be logged out of your system.
-Josh