Issues with files and downloads

Issues with files and downloads

by Craig Limacher -
Number of replies: 0
OK....so I may have made a hash of this and I'm trying to figure out why I can't get this to work....simply put I have a number of PDF documents which can be downloaded by learners/candidates as part of their learning process (exercises which they can complete on paper). All works fine until I start moving over to H5P rather than HTML lessons/pages.

In the process of converting existing lessons into H5P I do the following:
 - Create a DUMP activity page in a course
 - Add the PDF document(s) as a Hyperlink into the lesson
 - Save the lesson (invisible from candidates)
 - Create the H5P lesson
 - Inside add "Link" objects inside the H5P by copying the hyperlink from the "DUMP" activity
 - Save and publish

So when the candidate then clicks the hyperlink it then downloads the PDF into a separate brower window. Done.

Except, it does't for all files. It has worked for one H5P exercise, but not others. Where a candidate attempts to download by clicking the H5P link it crashes out of the Course completely. If doing this in the Moodle Mobile app it drops out of the course and then re-opens in a separate browser window.

I have attempted to do this as both a normal file addition as a Teacher, and I have attempted to use the File Server aswell having uploaded the PDFs using an FTP.

Suggestions greatly appreciated cos I'm kind of stumped here?

Edit: Sorry, forgot to add, "Yes" the candidate can download the file correctly via the HTML page....but not the H5P 

Average of ratings: -