4.3.3 Removal of the Participant count on the GRADES and Activity Completion views

4.3.3 Removal of the Participant count on the GRADES and Activity Completion views

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Number of replies: 3
Today is my second full day of using 4.3.3. As I am really setting up, releasing and monitoring course progress today I am shocked at some of the changes that were made to the UI.
More clicks vs less clicks - 
Less information vs. more information. 

The handy Participant count at the top of the GRADES view is gone. I used this displayed count through the day to compare Assigned/Completed in one view.
The GRADES view sort ascending/descending is now on a menu click, vs the simple up and down arrows in the column heading that most systems use. 

The handy Participant count at the top of the Activity Completion view is gone. I used this displayed count through the day to compare Assigned/Completed in one view.

The Cohort page, the SEARCH does not work. Instead, we have to use the Filter option with takes several multiple clicks for each search for a cohort. The Cohort feature is now more manual than it was in 3.11.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Re: 4.3.3 Removal of the Participant count on the GRADES and Activity Completion views

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Today another change in the UI - the My Course/In Progress View will only display 4 course items, no matter which option is selected including "All". Students that have 5 incomplete courses cannot see the fifth course without searching for it.
The viewing frame does not expand and collapse as needed.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Re: 4.3.3 Removal of the Participant count on the GRADES and Activity Completion views

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Moodle HQ team
Hello Shirley. Could you explain where you are when you talk about the My Course/In progress view? I looked at the My Courses page as a student and could see 12 courses, not four. Do you mean a different location?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Hello Mary,
I take that back, just checked two other students and they can see all incomplete courses.
Unfortunately, the student who couldn't see his incomplete courses, completed two and his display changed. It is possible the student "hid" the course from the view, but I didn't even think of looking for that this morning. If I could turn off that feature I would.
Kind Regards