Assigning different assignments to different groups

Assigning different assignments to different groups

by Aliha S -
Number of replies: 3
Hello, I created six groups in Moodle from the participants list and assigned different assignments to different groups. I can see on my page that the assignment are there with the message "only available if you are a group member of group A otherwise hidden", but none of the students can see it on their Moodle page. How can I fix it? Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aliha S

Re: Assigning different assignments to different groups

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Aliha,

First of all: Welcome to our very international, English speaking (and writing) Moodle community!

Would it be possible to share a screenshot of the course, the assignment, the settings (anonymized if required)? And maybe a screenshot of what the student sees (or doesn't see)?

That would help determine where to start solving your challenge.
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Aliha S -
Thank you very much for your reply. Please find attached the pictures. I can see the assignments assigned to different groups on my Moodle page, but students don't see it on their page. Thank you.
Attachment My page.jpg
Attachment Students view.jpg
In reply to Aliha S

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Can you check the Restrict access rules if they state ‘must match all’ or ‘must match any’. The first is an AND restriction, the latter an OR restriction.

Based on your description, my guess would be the assignments have been set op for an AND restriction.
Average of ratings: Useful (4)