Remove YUI

Remove YUI

by Tobias Krüger -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

in your plugin you integrate the Yui framework. For us it is not possible to install the plugin with the Yui framework, with updated files 10 years ago and more. Maybe other educational companies have the same problem. So is there a way to remove the Yui framework and use VanillaJS for example? For a clean installation?

Kind regards,

Tobi

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tobias Krüger

Re: Remove YUI

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
YUI comes shipped with Moodle. I just use it in my plugin.
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
To expand on Marks comment, YUI not only comes with Moodle, it is used by Moodle. 
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Tobias Krüger -
Ok, thank you. So we can't use your plugin.
In reply to Tobias Krüger

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I don't understand the rationale but OK. I mean if you are using Moodle you will be using YUI so in the end what are you trying to accomplish?