Hello beautiful people! custom cert generation issues

Hello beautiful people! custom cert generation issues

by Jay H. -
Number of replies: 2
So, I had problems after upgrading to latest moodle (4.3.3?).

For example, I had a "certificate" auto-email to the student after spending 7+ hours logged into the course and after getting a 70%+ on my final exam.  It doesn't seem to auto-email anymore.  I've been providing manual certificates lately.  Anyone know what settings to check on that front?  

I also have had a couple of iphone users tell me they get error messages when clicking on custom certificate.  I have manually uploaded the latest version of that plugin and will have to test that on the next student.

In addition, is examview still a requirement or was it ever?  Here's another error on my system:
examview
qformat_examview
DisabledUninstall
Additional
Missing from disk!

Thanks!

drj
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jay H.

Re: Hello beautiful people! custom cert generation issues

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
examview (like the old hidden assignment (2.2)) was to be removed automagically ... so uninstall it.

Email is yet another story ... much more to that ... but start looking at logs of server to see if you can find a clue there.   Cron job task for generating and sending cert working? 

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

Re: Hello beautiful people! custom cert generation issues

by Jay H. -
I deleted Examview and all associated "plugins".

I ran an email test and it came thru just fine. This all worked fine three students ago. The last two are the ones having problems, and I believe both were using the Moodle app on Apple iPhones.

I changed settings to have student click on "view" in order for completion to trigger. But I don't think that fixed anything. Only time will tell as I have no students presently.

Thank you for the guidance.