Report Builder 4.3.2

Report Builder 4.3.2

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
We have recently setup a secondary development environment for 4.3.2 so I can kick the tires. 
I am somewhat surprised that the object IDs that Moodle generates from the stack are not items included in the report builder options. 
I use the object IDs routinely and cannot image why they were left out of the report builder options or have I completely overlooked them?
Kind Regards
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Re: Report Builder 4.3.2

by Paul Holden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Shirley,

Could you explain exactly what "... object IDs that Moodle generates from the stack" are, and how you'd use them in Report builder?
In reply to Paul Holden

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
The object ids are generated by Moodle when a new object is created (off the stack); courseid, userid, competencyid, quizid, etc.
I want to pull that data out of Report Builder as the object IDs are unique identifiers. I need the object ids in my downstream process for past-due reports.
What is listed in the Report Builder options as Course ID, is the user entered information which is not as helpful to me as the Moodle generated objectids. 

Kind Regards

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Is that this by any chance? MDL-80356
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
In reading the tracker, I am not completely sure?
I use Ad-hoc contributed reports and ad-hoc database queries now - I use the courseid to pull data across in vlookups in Excel. the Moodle generated objectids are the purest, unique ids. 

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Mary was correct, tracker MDL-80356 is related to my use case. I am surprised, reading through the ticket more carefully that I am the only Moodle user who needs object IDs.
I have so many objects: courses, users, competencies that have similar long and short names using the object ID I get a direct hit.

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Today, I understand why I am the only Moodle users who needs object IDs. I am live now in 4.3.3 and there is no option to export/download the results from any Report Builder.
I will work on my SQL skills while that gets developed sometime in the future.

by Paul Holden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Shirley, all custom reports provide the option to export their contents, either directly through the browser ("Download table data as...") or by using report schedules: https://docs.moodle.org/403/en/Custom_reports#Schedule_reports

Mary is correct in that MDL-80356 contains the same as your request here, although the terminology is difference ("Object ID" isn't really a term used to describe either DB row ID, or primary key smile )
In reply to Paul Holden

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Terminology is the difference in the tracker, but on the Report Builder the CourseID option that is displayed as available is truly the course_idnumber. I probably should have referred to it as the primary key, as I was taught in school, but it normally not referred to as such in the forums.
I found the export option, but it doesn't helpful me, as I do not have the course primary key, I am relying on to performs vlookups in Excel.
Kind Regards