EDITOR Equation Not working!!!

EDITOR Equation Not working!!!

by Marwan Salem -
Number of replies: 8
Dear all,

I don't know if it is a bug or not!

when teacher add equation from Editor, it is working. but when student want to add answer equation, it open equation editor only "Operators Tabs" but not other Tabs.

I would like to know how to solve this issue ASAP?

Teacher window: 
teacher screen

Student Window:
Student screen

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marwan Salem

Re: EDITOR Equation Not working!!!

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Marwan. I have moved your post to the Mathematics tools forum where hopefully people who know more about this topic can help you.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Marwan Salem -
Thank you Mary!

I hope anyone will help to solve this issue ASAP! It is probably bug!

Regards
In reply to Marwan Salem

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Marwan,

You're right, it is a bug - reported as MDL-80246. It will be fixed in Moodle 4.2.6 and 4.3.3 which are scheduled to be released on 12 February 2024.

In the meantime, as the bug only affects the TinyMCE text editor, students can switch to using the Atto editor.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Marwan Salem -
Thanks Helen,

Could you tell me how Students can to switch to Atto Editor ?
In reply to Marwan Salem

by Marwan Salem -
I checked and changed to Atto editor for all.
But there is another issue: equation preview is not working sad.

What are solutions?
In reply to Marwan Salem

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
If a Teacher can input an equation using the Editor, and a Student can't then the first thing I would be looking at would be "Permissions". Do students have the required permission to use the Equation Editor?
In reply to Colin Fraser

by vaishnavi apotikar -
hi, In a question bank section .when I preview to submit answer "Equation editor" tabs -operations,arrows ,greek sysmbols,advance.
only operations tab is working .others are not? is there anyone who can help me to solve this issue.

same issue as in above conversation of people.
In reply to vaishnavi apotikar

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi vaishnavi, what Moodle version are you using? Most likely the easiest fix is to upgrade your site. In the meantime you can switch to using the Atto editor.