Marking workflow and multiple attempts

Marking workflow and multiple attempts

by Joost Elshoff -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi everyone,

I was wondering about a solution to the following challenge:

We have an assignment with multiple attempts (automatic until pass) for which we also set up the marking workflow. The issue now is that we release the grades and feedback, by setting the status to Released. If a student has a grade < passing, a new attempt automatically opens, but the marking/grading status remains Released.

I'd expect the status for the status to revert to Submitted but not graded once a new attempt is opened, but that doesn't happen.

Can this be solved?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Re: Marking workflow and multiple attempts

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Joost,

The problem you describe is reported as MDL-71349. Sorry I don't know of any workaround.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Peter Diedrichs -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi Joost, please vote and follow in the tracker. It’s a way to help moodle.org prioritize issues to be solved.
https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-71349

Best regards!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Peter Diedrichs

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Voted, obviously. Wouldn't mind seeing this in 4.4 already.
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I did't know that.

But, we ran into something similar: When a student submits the first assignment and the workflow status is not set to released, the feedback and grade will be released automatically when a second attempt is given to the student.

This case happened a lot:

- Student submits work
- Teacher started grading and giving feedback
- Teacher grades with <5.5 and opens up a new attempt for the student
- At that time, the first attempt is immediately released to the student (even if the marking workflow is not set to released yet)