In a group submission, when you go into grading it displays a different PDF than listed

In a group submission, when you go into grading it displays a different PDF than listed

by Jock Coats -
Number of replies: 0
Here's a very strange one. And maybe understanding the table structure a little better might help me diagnose it.

We have a Moodle assignment that is set up as a group submission. When you go to list the submissions for a particular group to grade them we are correctly seeing the right file as uploaded by the one member of the group who did the upload listed and linked to (and if you click on it to download you get the right file). But if you click on the "grade" button to marks the submission through the web, for a few students (not all of the members of the group) a different group's submission is displayed as if for grading.

I've prepared two screenshots. First when you look at the whole group's submissions it correctly lists the same file for each participant:

Screen shot showing group assignment where all participants (correctly) show the same pdf file listed
The screenshot 2. If you click on the "grade" button next to some of the students it brings up a completely different file in the grading window. It still shows the file on the right hand side as the one listed in the first screen shot, but is displaying a document submitted by a different group:

Moodle screenshot showing a different file beingdisplayed for grading than the one listed in the group submission list in the

I'm at a complete loss to see how this can happen. I admit I'm struggling a little to follow through the database tables to see where/what files they mnay link to. But one thing interesting, perhaps, to note, is that on Christmas day we had a horrible situation where the external database enrolment sync plugin started unenrolling tens, hundreds of thousands of course enrolments and, when we spotted it, stopped it and reversed it, if a student was previously in a group (such as these submission groups) they weren't restored to those groups automatically so have had to be manually put back into their groups. Although Christmas Day was a full fortnight after the submission was made so may be a red herring.

Anyone got any ideas a. how/why this might be happening and b. how to fix it (particularly in bulk as there *may* be tens of thousands of these!)

Best wishes,

Jock Coats
Average of ratings: -