View all Submissions -Page isn't working

by Varsha Pawar -
Number of replies: 6
In my moodle site admin can able to view the assignment -> view all submissions with count of 5000 student .
But when teacher clicks on view all submissions then site gets slow and the page shows site isn't working with same student count.

In error logs, nothing is being recorded 

For other courses it is working fine for both the roles.

I am not able to understand why this is happening suddenly .

Is there anything depends on role for particular course. 

Thanks in advance!
Varsha
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Varsha Pawar

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Can the teacher try resetting the assignment table for that assignment?
moodlesite/mod/assign/view.php?action=grading&id=264&treset=1

Another option is to have them load to a more filtered page to have less content appear in case there's an issue with a submission
moodlesite/mod/assign/view.php?action=grading&id=264&tifirst=A
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Provasnik

Re: View all Submissions -Page isn't working

by Varsha Pawar -
Thanks John ,

moodlesite/mod/assign/view.php?action=grading&id=264&tifirst=A -It is working

moodlesite/mod/assign/view.php?action=grading&id=264&treset=1-not loading

Is there any other way to solve it permanently, because the teacher is clicking on view all submission and it is not loading and for above solution ->they need to add URL explicitly
In reply to Varsha Pawar

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Varsha,

As you mention that the View submissions page is working in some courses but not in others, I'm wondering if in the problem courses the option 'Assignments per page' has been set to All?

You can prevent it being set to All by setting a maximum value for the setting 'Maximum assignments per page' in Site administration > Plugins > Assignment settings.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Varsha Pawar -
Thank you so much Helen for your help!
It made a significant difference, and I truly appreciate it. It worked like a charm

Thank you !
In reply to Varsha Pawar

Re: View all Submissions -Page isn't working [Solved]

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Good to hear that you resolved your problem Varsha smile I've added a FAQ about it to the documentation Assignment FAQ.