Control Panel

Control Panel

by steve haviland -
Number of replies: 5

I am extremely new to Moodle and am an instructor at a private sector school that teachs CompTIA programs and Cisco Programs.  I am looking at moodle now to add an online deminsion to our courses, and possibly offer full blown online courses with this software.

I saw and was very impressed with Humboldt's control panel. Does Moodle have a feature available currently or was that implementation custom built?    If it is available as a Moodle module, can someone direct me on where to download it?

Im extremely impressed with the basic moodle 1.5.3 download that I recieved, and it is running with suprising stability on my test server.   

Thank you guys for any help that you can provide.  smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to steve haviland

Re: Control Panel

by Just H -
Hi Steve

It's, as you mentioned, a Humboldt module and not part of core. You can download it from their website. Just log in as guest if asked to and have a look in the blocks section.

Regards
H
In reply to Just H

by steve haviland -

Hello Harry,

Thank you for directing me to that.  Wow, I have been looking at Sourceforge.net for awhile to find a decent LMS under the GNU public license.  I can't believe I missed Moodle!  Thank you so much for your help.  I'm here now, and just cant say how impressed I am with the software thus far.

Thank you again!

Steve H.

by Don Schwartz -
Steve, I think you'll find that even more important than the software is the great user and developer community supporting Moodle. 
In reply to Don Schwartz

by Just H -
I need to learn to type faster . . . or more succinctly big grin

by Just H -
Welcome aboard smile

I'm sure you will find the community extremely helpful and friendly, I have in the past 6-8 months since I was lucky enough to stumble across it while searching.

The core Moodle is very impressive (I was totally new to this side of things back then) and you will find a heap of contributed modules lurking around in the forums. Can be a bit daunting at the start as there is so much information available to digest and the modules/documentation was a little "disjointed" shall we say ;)

The new push on the documentation wicki and the new database module is helping things get pulled together (thanks again to Helen et al).

Good luck and post away if you get stuck any place.

H