Additional authentication required for specific courses.

Additional authentication required for specific courses.

by Effendi Baba -
Number of replies: 0
Hi everyone, 

I am new to Moodle but have worked on PHP for a few years. My management requires that we sort certain courses and that a second authentication is used.

For example, all students accessing their course material will log in to Moodle using their Moodle username and account. For specific regulatory-required courses, students must use a 3rd party SAML authentication to access and continue their learning journey. Yes, this means they will have to log in twice. Each uses a different mechanism.
\
My approach is first to customise the course page and add a "require  3rd party authentication mechanism" checkbox. This flag will be inherited and propagated to all the course material. When the student logs in to the course page, they can see ALL the course icons/cards with an additional icon/flag indicating which course requires additional login. When they click on these courses, they will be directed to the 3rd party login page, and once authenticated, they will be directed to their course material as usual.

1. Where do I go to change the course page and course listing pages?

Thank you in advance.

Average of ratings: -