Indent or Move Right in Boost_Union?

Indent or Move Right in Boost_Union?

by Gerald Grow -
Number of replies: 8
Using Moodle 4.2.4. with Boost_Union theme v4.2-r6.

In Moodle 3.11 with Boost, I could indent some courses and organize the course list more effectively.

Is there a way to indent, or "move right," in Boost_Union in Moodle 4.2.4?

See attached screenshot of indented list in 311 with Boost. This is what I want to do in later versions of Moodle and Boost_Union.

Attachment Indented list in Moodle 311.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerald Grow

Re: Indent or Move Right in Boost_Union?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Not a theme thing I'm 99% sure of Gerald, rather that it's a course format thing and the functionality has been removed from the core formats.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Gerald Grow -
Is there any way to restore this functionality, to regain the ability to indent?
In reply to Gerald Grow

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Can be done in a custom course format, I think. However, just done a quick test and looks like the Topics format in Moodle 4.3 has indentation back again.

by Gerald Grow -
Thank you Gareth. That is helpful.
In reply to Gerald Grow

by Gerald Grow -
Gareth,

I installed Moodle 4.3.1, with Boost_Union v4.3-r3, and I do not see the functionality to Move Left or Move Right.

The attached screenshot shows the editing options for an activity in a list of activities. The same options appear using the Boost theme.

The "Move" option allows to move the item after another activity, not to indent it. 

So I am still looking to restore the ability to indent an activity as a way of making an item with conditions stand out. 
Attachment Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 7.46.26 AM.jpg
In reply to Gerald Grow

by Gareth J Barnard -
Is this setting set?
Attachment Screenshot 2023-12-16 163436.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Gareth J Barnard -
If not, then possible ops!  I'm only human!
Attachment Screenshot 2023-12-16 170556.png

by Gerald Grow -
Gareth, that's it! You found it!

I had even tried searching but had not found it.

Thanks so much. Now I know that at least 4.3 will let me indent in the course listing.

-- Gerald