Looking for a moodle theme that can...

Looking for a moodle theme that can...

by David Pasadas -
Number of replies: 10
Hello

I m building a moodle to learn French and English with video games. There are lessons and exercices but the core is peer to peer learning

I’m looking for a moodle theme that can do the following :
- Integrate all the plugins I want, not a limited library from the theme provider.
- Looking for a Schedular with payment for tutorship on moodle help. I need a calendar where students can book a paid private or group lesson. I want this calendar to be able to contain several teachers seemlessly for the user. I found « booked » seems like a nice fit.
https://www.bookedscheduler.com/free-trial/-edit help message
- Ability to sell certain courses
- U.I like Netflix with multiple sliders. One for the courses the student is currently following ,others containing complete courses and others where I can pick the content. I m really struggling on this point.
- Intégration of Discord
- Moodle chats n groups
- Ability for users to see all the people enrolled in a course or lesson
- Course navigation menu on thé left
- H5p and other gamification plugins
- easy sign in with google mail account

I would prefer something super customizable to make it fit my desire.

Thanks for reading until the end smile .
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Pasadas

Re: Looking for a moodle theme that can...

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
You are combining plugins with themes. Two separate things - the theme is just about how the site looks. Plugins are all about functionality. So pick a theme from the plugins database that is closest to how you want your site to look and then look at the plugins for the functionality. A lot of what you want is already in core moodle but some will require additional plugins.

(Edited by Gareth J Barnard - Changed reply title to avoid confusion in a search - original submission Tuesday, 28 November 2023, 4:27 PM)

In reply to Emma Richardson

by David Pasadas -
Hey Emma
Thx for your reply
All themes are not compatible with all plugins so I need the plugins to be taken into account when choosing a theme

(Edited by Gareth J Barnard - edit reply title to avoid confusion in a search - original submission Tuesday, 28 November 2023, 6:13 PM)

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear David,

To cover your points:

- Integrate all the plugins I want, not a limited library from the theme provider. - A theme normally can't restrict what plugins you choose to install - it perhaps could state that it depends on a specific plugin and version though.

- Looking for a Schedular with payment for tutorship on moodle help. I need a calendar where students can book a paid private or group lesson. I want this calendar to be able to contain several teachers seemlessly for the user. I found « booked » seems like a nice fit.  - I don't have knowledge to answer this.

- Ability to sell certain courses - Look at payment based enrolment plugins I think.

- U.I like Netflix with multiple sliders. One for the courses the student is currently following ,others containing complete courses and others where I can pick the content. I m really struggling on this point. - Probably needing a custom bespoke theme to what you want it to exactly look like.  Not really sure as I don't use Netfix and not familiar with the UI.

- Intégration of Discord - Look for a plugin if there is one.

- Moodle chats n groups - Not sure if core supports this or if there is a plugin.

- Ability for users to see all the people enrolled in a course or lesson - Almost certainly how you configure the roles and capabilities and assign such to your users.

- Course navigation menu on thé left - Boost has this and other themes too.

- H5p and other gamification plugins - H5P is in core and also as a contributed plugin.  I don't know of other gamification plugins.

- easy sign in with google mail account - I think that core supports this.

G

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by David Pasadas -
Hey Gareth
Thx you for your detailed answer.

Let me précise the U.I Netflix situation as it is really the only thing I m struggling to find.

I want a multitude of horizontal carousels to display my courses. 

Here’s an example with a photo of Netflix’s U.I
Attachment 7B91B376-1A50-4E19-A470-980F96E54BAC.jpeg

by Luiggi Sansonetti -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi David

You can try to create a carousel with bootstrap code (https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/components/carousel/) and put a specific filtercode for each course with {coursecard id} (https://moodle.org/plugins/filter_filtercodes)
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Luiggi Sansonetti

by Luiggi Sansonetti -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
And if you want several courses on the same line, you can use table
image.png

image%20%281%29.png
Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by David Pasadas -
OMG Luiggi
Bootstrap is everything I was looking for and so much more.
You just gave me so much power.
Thx you so much
I’m in your debt. Don’t ever hesitate to contact me. I would be thrilled to help you if it’s in my capabilities

Also a big thx to Gareth and Maria.

You guys saved me from madness.
Wishing you all the best

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
The Course Overview block also allows you to filter by custom course fields -> https://docs.moodle.org/403/en/Course_overview#How_to_customise_the_course_filter.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by David Pasadas -
Right on time !
I was just asking myself how to do this.
smile

Thx Gareth.

I m also in your debt. Don’t ever hesitate to ask for my help.

smile

by David Pasadas -
Hey Luiggi,

Your answer seems really promising.
I have been reading about bootstrap since your reply.
I haven’t copied and pasted and slightly modified html code since years for my site www.imagine-English.com so I m educating myself on the matter. I’ll get back to back once I know more in order to not ask you obvious or stupid questions.
But the process doesn’t seem to complicated. I know boost theme facilitâtes the process. I m reading how I can modify any theme, how it works etc.
I’ll get back to you soon if your still available.
Thx a lot for this good lead