Course Available - But Not Visible on Site Home Page?

Course Available - But Not Visible on Site Home Page?

by Les Bell -
Number of replies: 0

My site is growing, and I've started to create meta-courses to share some resources across multiple courses - for example, a wiki which contains course notes, and pages which contain case study scenarios, etc.

Here's the problem: With "Course visitibility" set to "Show", the meta-course - which has only basic setup with no pretty course image, etc. - shows up on the site home page under "Available courses". If I set "Course viibility" to "Hide", the course disappears from the home page - but now it's not available to students enrolled in the parent courses.

Is there a way to unscramble these two effects from the one setting? In other words, is there a way to make the course available to the students enrolled in the parent courses, or even just enrolled students in any courses, i.e. registered users, without it appearing on the home page?

Self-enrolment is disabled, so there's no security issue - just cosmetics, really.

Version 4.3+ (Build: 20231102), with LearnR, latest version, if it makes any difference.

Suggestions welcome!

Best,

--- Les

Average of ratings: -