Reissue a Custom Certificate for the same course, different date.

Reissue a Custom Certificate for the same course, different date.

by V Martin -
Number of replies: 1
Hello all,
I have Custom Certificate v:3.6.7 (2018120307) installed on Moodle v3.6.1

I am looking to reissue a Certificate for a course re-completed.

We have courses that can be taken by an individual every 3yrs. I'd like to retain the old issued "Certificate" within the students' dashboard, but also allow another certificate to be issued with the new 'awarded on' date. At present, when I re-enrol a student in a course for which a "Certificate" was already issued, a new "Certificate" will not be issued with the new date. I manually reset any completion statuses for activities and quizzes so new marks and completions can be completed by the student; however, I cannot reset the "Certificate".

I thought I could rename the current certificate in the SQL database, but I can't seem to do this (either not knowledgeable enough in MyPHP or it can't be done).

Any advice on how I could possibly re-issue a new certificate (while retaining the old certificate in the database/student dashboard) OR could someone advise me on how I would 'delete' the old certificate so the student can obtain a re-awarded certificate with the latest date.

Many thanks is advance for any assistance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to V Martin

Re: Reissue a Custom Certificate for the same course, different date.

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

The Course Recompletion plugin can delete certificates so that may meet your requirements.

(Also, ideally you should plan to upgrade to a supported version of Moodle, but in the short term you should at least update to the latest Moodle 3.6 version, 3.6.10, so that you have the available bug fixes and security updates).
Average of ratings: Useful (1)