SQL query to show grade breakdown as percentages

SQL query to show grade breakdown as percentages

by lesley bratty -
Number of replies: 1
Evening all.

I'm new to Moodle and MySQL and hoping I can get some help with a query I've written.  I'm looking to create a report to show all the assignments per unit, and for each one the percentage of students who received a pass, merit or distinction as well as the percentage of students who have needed to resubmit.

I've written the below, and it is showing the assignment names, pass, merit and distinction percentages.  However, it's not showing the correct unit IDs and the resubmission percentage is always showing as 0 which isn't correct as some students have needed to resubmit.

Can someone maybe give me some insight into where I'm going wrong?

SELECT

gi.courseid AS unit_ID,

a.name AS assignment_name,

COUNT(DISTINCT s.id) AS total_submissions,

LEAST(100, ROUND((SUM(CASE WHEN gg.finalgrade = 3.000 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) / COUNT(DISTINCT s.id) * 100))) AS pass_percentage,

LEAST(100, ROUND((SUM(CASE WHEN gg.finalgrade = 4.000 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) / COUNT(DISTINCT s.id) * 100))) AS merit_percentage,

LEAST(100, ROUND((SUM(CASE WHEN gg.finalgrade = 5.000 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) / COUNT(DISTINCT s.id) * 100))) AS distinction_percentage,

LEAST(100, ROUND((SUM(CASE WHEN g.attemptnumber = 2 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) / COUNT(DISTINCT s.id) * 100))) AS resubmission_percentage

FROM {assign} AS a

LEFT JOIN {assign_submission} AS s ON a.id = s.assignment

LEFT JOIN {assign_grades} AS g ON s.id = g.assignment

JOIN {grade_grades} AS gg ON s.userid = gg.userid

INNER JOIN {grade_items} AS gi ON gg.itemid = gi.id

GROUP BY gi.courseid, a.name

Average of ratings: -
In reply to lesley bratty

Re: SQL query to show grade breakdown as percentages

by Gregor McNish -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
join grade_items to assign using the itemtype, itemmodule and iteminstance settings
Average of ratings: Useful (1)