Grid format for Moodle 4.1 and 4.2 updated

Grid format for Moodle 4.1 and 4.2 updated

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

I have updated the Grid format as follows:

Version 401.2.1b for Moodle 4.1 version 2022112800.00 (Build: 20221128) and above within the 4.1 branch until the next release:

Version 402.2.1b for Moodle 4.2 version 2023042400.00 (Build: 20230424) and above within the 4.2 branch until the next release:

both with:

1. Fix 'Webp image causes an error and makes course unaccessible' - #190.
  2. Fix "Hidden sections are shown as not available" doesn't seem to work. - #192.
  3. Add 'Flex containers' justify-content property options' - #191.  Sponsored by AAU.
  4. Fix 'Problems with creating multiple courses from template via CSV in Grid Format' - #189.
  5. Make 'Main content page' link on single section page more accessible.
  6. Fix 'Mouseover for shortened titles' - #187.
  7. Fix 'Grid completion calculated on user hidden modules' ('Available but not shown on course page' are still counted).
  8. Add keyboard control of the sections in the grid, left / right arrows.  When the arrows are used the current selected section will show using an inner border to avoid conflict with accessibility, then use Esc to open the modal.  Accessibility keys of Tab / Shift Tab and Enter will function to navigate with the focussed item and when a grid section is selected, the Enter key will open the modal.  On the modal itself, the same keys will navigate the slider controls and the two close buttons, as well as the modules within the section. #191.  Sponsored by AAU.

These releases are 'Stable' and I cannot stress enough that it MUST be tested on a test server first as reverting back from 'gnumsections' to 'numsections' could prove difficult.  Therefore it is essential that I am still reassured from the community that this works in the 'wild' beyond what I have already tested.

If you're not sure how to set up a test server?  Then look at the 'Installer packages' on https://download.moodle.org/releases/latest/. ; Ensure that you have multiple backups of all data before using.  Please report any issues. i.e. 'bugs' with these releases ONLY here.  Before doing so please read 'Reporting issues' on the 'Information' tab on the course format 'Settings' under 'Site administration' -> 'Plugins' -> 'Course formats' -> 'Grid'.

If you find this post useful, then please mark it so.

Gareth

Average of ratings: -