Blank space on the personalized certificate instead of the date

Blank space on the personalized certificate instead of the date

by Daniele Rizzo -
Number of replies: 4

Hi everyone, i need to set certificate start date with the access date at the first activity of the course, but when i select the activity in the drop-down menu, the date doesn't appear in the certificate. Where is the error? This happens with all the activity of the drop-down menu. Only if i select a quiz activity is the date set correctly.

Thank you,

Daniele

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniele Rizzo

Re: Blank space on the personalized certificate instead of the date

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

It looks like the date element will allow you to select course activities only if they can be graded. And then the date shown is the date that the student received a grade for that activity. If no grade has been awarded then no date is shown.

If you're still having a problem with this please tell us: your Moodle version and certificate plugin version, and what activity type you're using for the first activity in the course.
In reply to Leon Stringer

Ri: Re: Blank space on the personalized certificate instead of the date

by Daniele Rizzo -
Hi Leon, thank you for the feedback.
The moodle version is 3.10.1+ (Build: 20210130) (2020110901.02) and the certificate plugin version is 3.10.0 (2020110900).
The problem still exists. The course starts with a lesson.
Thanks for your help!

Daniele

In reply to Daniele Rizzo

Re: Ri: Re: Blank space on the personalized certificate instead of the date

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

If I use the versions you list, and add a lesson activity called Lesson 1, then in my certificate select that lesson:

Screenshot of certificate date element's settings with "Activity : Lesson 1" selected.

… then for any students that have a grade in the lesson:

Screenshot of lesson's report tab showing two students with grades.

… their certificate shows the date they received the grade.

As I said, they must receive a grade in the lesson for a date to show on the certificate.

Is this not working for you? Can you share screenshots of any settings that might help us understand the problem? Crop or obscure anything you don't want to share on the Internet.

In reply to Leon Stringer

Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Blank space on the personalized certificate instead of the date

by Daniele Rizzo -
Thanks Leon, the problem was - as you said - that i didn't set a grade for that lesson. I was sure I had set it..
Thanks for your help, have a great day!

Daniele