Students can't see the marking guide for forum posts

Students can't see the marking guide for forum posts

by Yamna Ettarres -
Number of replies: 10

Hi,

I've created a standard forum and set the grading method to 'marking guide'.

In the marking guide, I checked all the options

But, students can't see the marking guide details. The information icon "i" is disabled in the student's view.

teacher's view

Student's view

Thanks for your help
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yamna Ettarres

Re: Students can't see the marking guide for forum posts

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
What version of Moodle are you using please? I noticed a bug report for an older version and I suspect unfortunately it is has not yet been fixed. If you can tell me your version I will update the bug report MDL-70008
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Yamna Ettarres -
Thanks Mary for checking Moodle 4.1.5

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I added a link to this post and updated the version problem in the tracker issue MDL-70008
If anyone else can test that this is still a problem in later versions - eg 4.3, it would be great as I understand 4.1 will be out of general support in December.
Our sandbox sites https://school.moodledemo.net/ and also https://sandbox.moodledemo.net/ are both on 4.3 so feel free to test on there to replicate the issue.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ken Stokes -
My school just upgraded to 4.3 last week. We have setup Marking Guides in discussion Forums, but the student cannot see the feedback. All they can see is:
Grade:
Graded by:
Date:
Grade Status:

Please HELP!.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Stokes

by Mary Cooch -
Thanks for your report Ken.
In reply to Ken Stokes

by Yamna Ettarres -
Hi, in our case, the feedback is displayed in the student's view.

by Ken Stokes -
If you are referencing, logging in as a student, and reviewing the grade for the assignment, then YES, that is what we did.
We logged in as a student, and submitted an forum post (in an assignment that was configured for Marking Guide).
Then the professor graded the submission, with comments.
Then we logged in to Moodle as the student (different browser), and reviewed the graded submission.  Image below, shows all that the student can see.

In reply to Ken Stokes

by Yamna Ettarres -
Hi, I used a real student account to test. The comments were displayed in the student's view.

Those are the settings:

by Ken Stokes -
Please confirm if you are on Moodle 4.3.