Collapsed topics format: Individual format for topic titles

Collapsed topics format: Individual format for topic titles

by Martin Lacher -
Number of replies: 12
Hi there,

Is it somehow possible to format the colors (text and background) of each topic title individually?

Thanks, Martin
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Lacher

Re: Collapsed topics format: Individual format for topic titles

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Currently not via the format's settings, but probably possible via custom CSS. However you'd almost certainly need to either use 'important' or have more specific selectors that would override the inline CSS that is used on the page in the HTML to style the sections in the first place.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Martin Lacher -
Thanks for the quick answer. But then I would have to place my custom CSS (which I don't mind, even !important) somewhere in this topic. But in my backend, I don't see such a field. Any further suggestions on where to put the CSS code?

Kindly, Martin

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
The theme's custom CSS / SCSS setting if it has one.

by Martin Lacher -
I am not an administrator of this moodle instance, so I wouldn't have access to this css sad

by Gareth J Barnard -
Could you ask the admin?

by Martin Lacher -
I highly doubt it. We‘re a university with about 300-400 employees…

by Gareth J Barnard -
In that case, I'd need to spend several hours adding the functionality into CT in the M4.2 version (current) and then backport to your version of Moodle, all of which I'd want to be paid for. Then after release on Moodle dot org, you'd need to contact your admin / manager to ask for the plugin to be upgraded. Thus, the only way I can now see of solving this for you is for you to speak to whomever controls your Moodle.

by Martin Lacher -
Thanks for your offer - I don't have the financal resources to go this way... ;) But who knows, maybe it's worth a feature request for a future version? Where would I have to hand that in?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Pragmatically Martin, there is the GitHub issues for feature requests, however the outcome is likely to be the same in that I'll require funding for my time. Perhaps your organisation has the financial resources?

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Martin, your post made me wonder if your desire to have different colors for different topics makes sense. Sure, it would be creative, but it might not be "accessible" for two reasons. I am not an accessibility expert, but I have been told that having many changes could be a problem with dyslexia or some kind of disability where too many changes cause them to become distracted, something like that. The second reason is more obvious... people who are color-blind might only be able to distinguish around six colors.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Martin Lacher -
Thanks for your contribution.

I'm aware of those potential problems. I would only need 2 colors, maybe three, I'm not keen to put up a whole rainbow. For the second issue, there are color-blind palettes, I already use them in research diagrams.

Regards, Martin

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Great.