Recalculating grades after upgrading Moodle

Recalculating grades after upgrading Moodle

by Richard Heath -
Number of replies: 0
Hi all,

I was torn between here and the upgrading forum, but chose here as it's quite grade specific.

We've very recently completed our upgrade of Moodle 4.0 -> 4.2.2 and generally all has gone well. 

One thing we've noticed is that on a large number of our courses, when adding a graded course module (e.g. Assignment, Turnitintooltwo etc.), upon clicking "Save and return to course", we are immediately sent to the regrading page for the module (mod/xxx/modregrade.php), where the progress bar quickly completes and you can click 'continue' to head back to the course. This does not happen with every course (newly set up ones do not get this, for example). I was wondering why it's doing this and what we can do about it (if anything).

I've traced back through the code and DB tables myself but can't get to the root cause of it deciding that everything on a course needs regrading. It seems to receive "needsfrontendregrade" from the processed form which marks the grade_item as "needsupdate=true", but I can't work out what is telling it that it needsfrontendregrade.

Any help very much appreciated!

Richard