iOS Rejected Customized Moodle App

iOS Rejected Customized Moodle App

by Arif Ismail -
Number of replies: 4
I customized my Moodle app, with only images and color scheme, but Apple review team rejected my app and said that it has same design to other apps, Please help me what to do 🙏:

Guideline 4.3 - Design

We noticed your app shares a similar binary, metadata, and/or concept as apps submitted to the App Store by other developers, with only minor differences.

Submitting similar or repackaged apps is a form of spam that creates clutter and makes it difficult for users to discover new apps.

Next Steps

Since we do not accept spam apps on the App Store, we encourage you to review your app concept and submit a unique app with distinct content and functionality.

Resources

Some factors that contribute to a spam rejection may include:

- Submitting an app with the same source code or assets as other apps already submitted to the App Store
- Creating and submitting multiple similar apps using a repackaged app template
- Purchasing an app template with problematic code from a third party
- Submitting several similar apps across multiple accounts

Learn more about our requirements to prevent spam in App Store Review Guideline 4.3.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Arif Ismail

回复: iOS Rejected Customized Moodle App

by Omnana lee -
I have also encountered this issue. Have you resolved it?
In reply to Omnana lee

Re: 回复: iOS Rejected Customized Moodle App

by Arif Ismail -
no, not until now. Why doesn't Moodle team reply on this issue?
In reply to Arif Ismail

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I suspect it is because the issue is with Apple not wanting any confusion with other apps and the solution is to convince Apple that your version is different. There has been recent history of people uploading malicious versions of other apps e.g. chat apps with a view to defrauding people.

I know other people who have tried to get customised mobile apps into the Apple store and have encountered difficulties (not necessarily this one) Have you managed to get your version into the Google play store?
In reply to Marcus Green

by Arif Ismail -
Yes, Google accepted the app.