Custom Certificate showing incorrect date

Custom Certificate showing incorrect date

by Martha Hufham -
Number of replies: 1
I've used the Custom Certificate plugin for many years with Moodle sites. No problem that couldn't be resolved. Created Totara site (Version 16.13). Developer/partner informed us there was no issues with using the Custom Certificate with this Totara software due to common software base.

Have been creating certificates since October 2022 based on Course Completions. No issues.

Had a request to create certificates that would be based off of individual activity completion as users coming into the course would be selecting training based on what machinery they were using.  I didn't think that was a problem. So far, the date field being displayed when I select completion is the date the user was enrolled in the course - not any completion date,

I'm restricting access to the certificate unless the user has completed the required activity. 
The date I am using to display on the certificate is completion date.

I'm getting certificates generated with no date, with a date that was before the activity was created and with a date when the user was enrolled and being issued to users that never completed the activity.

When I looked at setting the date to the activity completed it gives me a Topic name not an activity name.

Any clues? Thank you! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martha Hufham

Re: Custom Certificate showing incorrect date

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Due to Totara's programs etc, I suspect that they have different field names that are interfering with the certificate. I would talk to your vendor about that...or just create something that makes the certificate work the way you want (an activity in a topic that is named for the course).