Installation stack TIMEDOUT determine MAXIMA_PREFIX

Installation stack TIMEDOUT determine MAXIMA_PREFIX

by Simon CHARBIT -
Number of replies: 2

Hello after a lot of trouble i succeed to install stack on my moodle.

I am on new server the OS is Ubuntu 22.04.3

My server is hosted by a host and I read that there could be problems with user rights for maxima (but I'm not sure) and I don't know at all how to give rights to Maxima ...

I have access to a root mode terminal.

My moodle is 3.11.15+

Maxima version is 5.45 (that is a first problem) i cant take this version on moodle there is 5.44 and 5.46 but not 5.45 (i dont know its a big problem) but i dont know the linux command to change a version

When i run the diagnostic i got some errors like this :

I have really not idea what i have to do  thank you for your help

Uncached CAS call

This section always sends a genuine call to the CAS, regardless of the current cache settings. This is needed to ensure the connection to the CAS is really currently working.

Le CAS n'a pas réussi à retourner d'expression évaluée. Veuillez vérifier la connexion avec le CAS. CAS returned some data as expected, but there were errors.

Infos de débogage

Context used

Platform: linux

Maxima shell command: maxima --use-version=5.44.0

Maxima initial command: load("/var/www/vhosts/moodledata/stack/maximalocal.mac");

Maxima timeout: 20

Maxima command

cab:block([],print("[STACKSTART Locals= [ 0=[ error= ["), cte("CASresult",errcatch(diff(x^n,x))), print("1=[ error= ["), cte("STACKversion",errcatch(stackmaximaversion)), print("2=[ error= ["), cte("MAXIMAversion",errcatch(MAXIMA_VERSION_STR)), print("3=[ error= ["), cte("MAXIMAversionnum",errcatch(MAXIMA_VERSION_NUM)), print("4=[ error= ["), cte("externalformat",errcatch(adjust_external_format())), print("5=[ error= ["), cte("CAStime",errcatch(CAStime:"2023-08-07 18:27:03")), print("] ]"), return(true));

CAS process return value: 1

Timings

Start: 1691425623.864, End: 1691425623.8856, Taken = 0.021608114242554

CAS result

/usr/bin/maxima: unable to determine MAXIMA_PREFIX

unpack_raw_result: no STACKSTART returned. Data returned was: /usr/bin/maxima: unable to determine MAXIMA_PREFIX

]]]]

Unpacked result as

Array

(

)

Trying to connect to the CAS

We are trying to evaluate the following CAS text:

The derivative of {@ x^4/(1+x^4) @} is \[ \frac{d}{dx} \frac{x^4}{1+x^4} = {@ diff(x^4/(1+x^4),x) @}. \]  Confirm if unicode is supported: \(\forall\) should be displayed {@unicode(8704)@}.

Rendering of text content failed.

• This text content was never evaluated.

Erreurs

TIMEDOUT

Infos de débogage

to determine MAXIMA_PREFIX

Maxima version

Le CAS n'a pas réussi à retourner d'expression évaluée. Veuillez vérifier la connexion avec le CAS.

Graph plotting

There should be two different plots. If two identical plots are seen then this is an error in naming the plot files. If no errors are returned, but a plot is not displayed then one of the following may help. (i) check read permissions on the two temporary directories. (ii) change the options used by GNUPlot to create the plot. Currently there is no web interface to these options.

Two example plots below.  {@plot([x^4/(1+x^4),diff(x^4/(1+x^4),x)],[x,-3,3])@} {@plot([sin(x),x,x^2,x^3],[x,-3,3],[y,-3,3],grid2d)@}  A third, smaller, plot should be displayed below with traditional axes. {@plot([x,2*x^2-1,x*(4*x^2-3),8*x^4-8*x^2+1,x*(16*x^4-20*x^2+5),(2*x^2-1)*(16*x^4-16*x^2+1)],[x,-1,1],[y,-1.2,1.2],[box, false],[yx_ratio, 1],[axes, solid],[xtics, -3, 1, 3],[ytics, -3, 1, 3],[size,250,250])@}

Rendering of text content failed.

• This text content was never evaluated.

Erreurs

TIMEDOUT

Infos de débogage

to determine MAXIMA_PREFIX

CAS result caching

CAS results are being cached in the database.

The cache currently contains 1 entries.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon CHARBIT

Re: Installation stack TIMEDOUT determine MAXIMA_PREFIX

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I am a novice in installing STACK. But managed to get it going in Ubuntu 22.04. Compare yours with Installing STACK on Ubuntu Linux 22.04 (LTS), no success for possible hints.

In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

Re: Installation stack TIMEDOUT determine MAXIMA_PREFIX

by Simon CHARBIT -
I find the solution smile
My problem was here : Maxima version is 5.45 i cant take this version on moodle there is 5.44 and 5.46 but not 5.45
I just click on default version and everything was working perfectly fine smile

Thank you

Have a good day.