Can't find course backup

Can't find course backup

by Training 336 -
Number of replies: 5
Hello,

I accidentally deleted a course.  I went to go restore it from the automated backup and I can not find that course.  I can see all of the other courses backup files but not the deleted one. 

I am going to site admin / courses / restore course / and then trying to choose the file from import a backup file.  Is there somewhere else I should be looking.

Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Training 336

Re: Can't find course backup

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Ahhh ... you've been trapped by recyclebin.
When courses are deleted a backup of them is made and stored in sea of files moodledata/filedir/ by a contenthash name.

Lucky for you there is a plugin:

Install that and hopefully you will be able to find the backup and restore it.

If not, drop me a PM on this system and we can discuss 'plan B' - which is a lot more involved and would involve info we cannot exchange in public forums!

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Training 336 -
Thanks for that. So, I have a Moodle cloud site and don't believe I am able to install a plugin.
In reply to Training 336

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
MoodleCloud ... in that case, contact MoodleCloud support and ask!
There is also a forum for MoodleCloud among these forums ... that's best place for you to post for ALL/ANY issues with MC! smile

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Training 336 -
Will do. Thank you so much for your help and quick response it is greatly appreciated!!
In reply to Training 336

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I've just moved this discussion to the MoodleCloud forum.