Grading Annotation PDF not displaying

Grading Annotation PDF not displaying

by Ned Draddog -
Number of replies: 4
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help. I'm experiencing an issue with annotating submissions. No matter what I try, I always get "There was an error while generating this page." in a red rectangle.
The same happens with both unoconv and OneDrive conversion - the converted PDF appears in moodledata\filedir so I know it's being converted, just the rendering doesn't seem to happen in grading.

I'm using Moodle 4.2.1 on a Windows Server (sorry!!) and using Ghostscript 10.01.2 - I get the smiley face and "Ghostscript is working as expected" when I test ghostscript path. I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to look next.
I did attempt switching Debug messages to developer but then Moodle wouldn't load (internal server error), so I've had to switch that back to 0 in config.php.

As an aside, I've seen multiple mentions of "Prepare submissions for annotation" scheduled task but I don't appear to have this available.. I'm not massively worried about that since this is currently a very small user base but interested to understand why it's not there.

Thanks in advance!
Attachment annotate_error.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ned Draddog

Re: Grading Annotation PDF not displaying

by Ned Draddog -
Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this (if anyone bothered).
After reading through php files to see what was generating the error, I found pathtopdftoppm was not set - and so found that Poppler wasn't installed either.
After fixing these two (now) glaring errors, all is happy with the PDF rendering.
Lesson learnt.
Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Ned Draddog

Re: Grading Annotation PDF not displaying

by Marcus Green -
Gambar Core developers Gambar Particularly helpful Moodlers Gambar Plugin developers Gambar Testers
Thank you for updating, you never know when it might be helpful to others in the future.