Grading Annotation PDF not displaying

Grading Annotation PDF not displaying

by Ned Draddog -
Number of replies: 4
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help. I'm experiencing an issue with annotating submissions. No matter what I try, I always get "There was an error while generating this page." in a red rectangle.
The same happens with both unoconv and OneDrive conversion - the converted PDF appears in moodledata\filedir so I know it's being converted, just the rendering doesn't seem to happen in grading.

I'm using Moodle 4.2.1 on a Windows Server (sorry!!) and using Ghostscript 10.01.2 - I get the smiley face and "Ghostscript is working as expected" when I test ghostscript path. I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to look next.
I did attempt switching Debug messages to developer but then Moodle wouldn't load (internal server error), so I've had to switch that back to 0 in config.php.

As an aside, I've seen multiple mentions of "Prepare submissions for annotation" scheduled task but I don't appear to have this available.. I'm not massively worried about that since this is currently a very small user base but interested to understand why it's not there.

Thanks in advance!
Attachment annotate_error.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ned Draddog

Re: Grading Annotation PDF not displaying

by Ned Draddog -
Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this (if anyone bothered).
After reading through php files to see what was generating the error, I found pathtopdftoppm was not set - and so found that Poppler wasn't installed either.
After fixing these two (now) glaring errors, all is happy with the PDF rendering.
Lesson learnt.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ned Draddog

Re: Grading Annotation PDF not displaying

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Thank you for updating, you never know when it might be helpful to others in the future.