Looking for an Open Source (free) option that will allow one student to mark up a document and only the professor see it

Looking for an Open Source (free) option that will allow one student to mark up a document and only the professor see it

by Julia Smith -
Number of replies: 2
I'm sorry I'm not the admin of our Moodle system so I don't have all the normal details that a poster is supposed to give. We want to create documents and then have one student mark it up to see critical thinking and questions.  Then one faculty review it.  I've looked on here (I may have missed it because there were a lot of results from my search) and the general internet and I can find things were groups can annotate or mark up a document or a document can be reviewed by a peer but nothing where in Moodle they can mark up something and then only the professor will see it.  We don't want them downloading a document and then marking it up and then uploading the document.  I don't think any such thing exists since even some of the paid providers (which are EXPENSIVE) that I looked at didn't have it but I thought I would ask here.  

Can anyone help?

Julie
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julia Smith

Re: Looking for an Open Source (free) option that will allow one student to mark up a document and only the professor see it

by Matthias Giger -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Depending on what exactly you've got in mind by 'mark the document' you can use the essay question type. 

Put the text for the student in the 'Reponse template' and set the response options accordingly.

Now your students can discuss the text.

If you want to go a step further, you can make use of the essay autograde question (additional plugin) to mark students answers 'automatically'. Or at least help your teachers marking the answers.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)