Tracking question completion time in quizzes

Tracking question completion time in quizzes

by Shamma Salem -
Number of replies: 1
Hello, 
Is there a table on the moodle DB that can track question completion time for each question in a given quiz? 
I have tried looking into mdl_quiz_attempts and  mdl_question_attempts and while the first one shows me completion time for each quiz I cannot seem to find the same in question_attempts. 

Thanks! 
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shamma Salem

Re: Tracking question completion time in quizzes

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I might be wrong, but the Moodle database does not keep track of every keystroke within a quiz question.

If every quiz question is on its own separate page, meaning that the "Next" button is used, they database might keep track of this. I would start exploring this by looking at the logstore table.

So, a student is presented a multiple choice question. They click on choice A, then change their mind, and click on choice B. After answering other questions, they return to this one and click choice C. Or, they return to this question, look at it, and do nothing. I think you would want all time on this question, right? And if more than one question is on a page, how would you determine which question the student is reconsidering?

Perhaps the desire to get 'time per question" could only be possible if only one question is shown per page.

I am just trying to think this through a little.

As a suggestion, the database tracks when a quiz is started and submitted. So, in theory, if a quiz had 20 questions and a duration of 200 minutes, you could somewhat easily calculate the "average time per question (as 10 minutes).